February 9, 2022 by Stonewave team
In order for an administrator to decide whether the implemented changes led to the desired results, she needs to have quantifiable results. In addition, for a campaign to be properly structured, past data need to be taken into consideration.
This means that you need a tool that can record everything from past to present in order to approach the future. That’s why every business needs Google Analytics. This data analysis service is free and allows businesses to analyze in depth all the information that can be acquired from its users/visitors. It provides valuable knowledge that can help shape a successful strategy for every business’s future.
Based on the above, let’s see in detail why Google Analytics is such a useful tool:
- As it was mentioned before, Google Analytics is a free service designed by the most popular search engine: Google. It provides its users with important information and statistical data that every company needs in order to improve its website’s performance.
- Data collection is an automated process. This can be achieved by simply creating an account and properly configuring the related settings. After that, all necessary data is collected and the respective reports are created. Every business has direct access to the reports at any time, and with this opportunity the businessman will be able to implement more strategies for his business.
- All users can choose from a series of existing report templates or create their own custom reports.
- Another important characteristic of Google Analytics is that it provides a simplified control panel that can be reconfigured based on every user’s needs. All of the service’s features can be accessed on any mobile phone or tablet through the respective application. Furthermore, Google Analytics can be integrated with AdWords, thus combining two very useful tools which can lead to the success of any advertising campaign.
- An equally useful feature is the data collection from searches that take place while users are visiting the website. This reveals what customers (or potential customers) are looking for while navigating. As a result, we are able to identify possible opportunities for further improvement that can be achieved by providing visitors with additional information that can improve overall user experience.
- The administrator can also collect information with regards to cart abandonment rates. Through these pieces of information she can implement quantifiable optimization techniques in order to be able to determine whether the actions taken were effective or not.
- The website’s Abandonment Rate is an important metric that indicates how many visitors left the website without entering a subpage. This type of data shows that visitors either didn’t find what they were looking for or the marketing campaign is targeting the wrong audience.
- The Administrator can also collect information that helps her identify the main characteristics of the website’s audience. These characteristics include age, gender, personal interests, the device used to access the website, location as well as how they found the website in the first place.
- Social media platforms constitute a great medium for attracting potential customers and increasing the website’s traffic. Through Google Analytics, the administrator can observe which platforms promote her website more. This will allow her to decide which platform is more effective for advertising.
In conclusion, through the use of Google Analytics, every business has the opportunity to monitor its performance and progress by setting simple goals that will lead to the optimization of the user experience it offers its customers.